Biri’s beautiful rock formations carved by nature into perfection


           It has been my childhood dream to see for myself the beautiful rock formations found in the island of Biri, Northern Samar. Because when was a kid, it is always a postcard showed to us by our teachers in my elementary years. But, after 26 years of my existence I saw –yes, personally the amazing giant rock formations that were seen from afar if you enter the old long wooden footbridge that seems connects the reality and the fantasy. 


        Along the old wooden bridge, is a forest of green young and old mangroves planted around the place that adds beauty to the black and brown giant rock formations. After having a short distance walk, is you can enjoy the calming environment where one could merely say the Philippines is one of the most blessed places where we can enjoy an unlimited beautiful view of nature. 

         I stepped into the clear water that welcomes every visitor right after the last step of the stairs of the wooden bridge. I was speechless. I deliberately shut off my camera so I can enjoy the view with all my eyes and not in the frame. The place was most likely untouched. 


          I would definitely suggest the control of the waste brought by the visitors as it would destroy the scenery and our nature. As I step closer, I touched some parts of the big rocks and feel the love of God as He made all this beautiful things for us to be happy. Then I find my camera and capture the beautiful scenes around. 


         The perfect curves of the giant rocks were seemed to have been carved by nature into perfection. In the middle of the rocks was pool-like water that calmly invites the tourist to dip their bodies in there. The blue skies and the white clouds reflect the clear waters in the middle of the rocks under the heat of the sun. 



         There were locals who swam and enjoyed the natural pool found in the heart of the giant rock formations. Biri was not only known for their famous tourist destinations, the place was also rich in history. Recently, the LGU of Biri found two rusty giant Galleon anchors near their island municipality. 

        According to their Mayor, the anchors were for Galleons which vessel was used during the Spanish occupation on 15-16th century. The place can be reached through a pump boat from Lavezares, Northern Samar. 

This postcard-perfect beautiful scenes must not be absent in your list of destinations this summer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The various dialects of Eastern Visayas

First Badjao teacher aims to produce more professionals from their tribe

"Labyu langga" one of the best songs ever written