Poem: Alone in the dark



I was tired and sleepy.
The room was dark.
Every corner was quiet.
The window was half open.
The air softly whispers as I tried to rest my tired body.
No one is around.
It’s just me and my radio.
The music was feeding my soul as I closed my eyes.
I felt the warmth of the sun as it envelops the whole city.
I ate at no time.
No one asks if had eaten or not.
No one asks if I’m okay.
Yeah, this is how to be an orphan.
I live at my own discretion.
I travel without getting any permission from no one.
I am facing all the pain and sorrow alone and embracing the fact that my mom was gone.
All I have was her.
But she left me.
No one is here for me.
For the past few weeks I have Cain with me.
He’s so lovable.
He’s cute and adorable.
But he also left me. He died.
His death was very painful.
My tears fell while I am in the middle of the sea.
Tears ran down to my cheeks.
I was speechless.
Cain was gone.
He was the one who waited for me when I left for work.
Now he’s gone.
My inspiration was gone again.
It seems to be that no one is destined to be with me.
I opt not to be emotionally attached to anybody because eventually they’ll leave me.
I'm so negative many had said. But I can't help it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The various dialects of Eastern Visayas

First Badjao teacher aims to produce more professionals from their tribe

"Labyu langga" one of the best songs ever written